With many travelers, the application for a visa is the hardest part when they prepare for a trip. And for foreign visitors to Vietnam, the visa issue can make them confused a little with some slight changes after the post-Covid. In this article, we will provide you with the most up-to-date information on Vietnamese Visa and help your visa application much easier.
LATEST UPDATES ON VIETNAM VISA
1. What is Vietnam Visa?
Vietnamese visa is a legal document granted by Vietnamese competent authorities that allows you to travel to and enter Vietnam. Most tourists to Vietnam need a visa to enter the country, except for some countries that are exempted from visa in this list: https://tinyurl.com/297q7pp7
Please check carefully, and if you’re not in the list, you need to apply for a Vietnamese visa.
Note: A visa is not a passport. A passport serves as a form of identity allowing you to travel beyond your home country’s border, while a visa is a kind of travel document providing permission to enter a particular country.
2. How to get a Vietnam Visa?
After Vietnam reopened its borders post-Covid, there are 2 different ways to obtain a Vietnamese visa:
- Apply visa at Vietnam embassy/consulate - Made offline at the Embassy
- Obtain an E-Visa - Only for 80 countries
2.1. Apply visa at Vietnam Embassy
Tourist visa can be obtained in Vietnam embassies and consulates abroad. Send your application and photos to a Vietnamese embassy or consulate abroad, which is most convenient to you. Tell them your travel plan and you will be advised to make a single-entry visa (valid for 30 days) or a multiple-entry visa (valid for 90 days).
Requirements to apply for a visa:
- Entry permit form (vary from one Vietnamese embassy or consulate abroad to another)
- Two photos (4cmx6cm or 3cmx4cm)
- Original passport
- Visa fee
Note: After deciding your travel plans, you should apply for a Vietnamese visa in advance to avoid a long issuing time or unnecessary situations.
2.2. Apply for Vietnam E-Visa
The other way to get a Vietnamese visa is to apply for an electronic visa (E-visa) via an electronic system issued by the Vietnamese Immigration Department. Vietnam now offers a single-entry e-visa, valid for a maximum of 30 days and available to citizens of 80 countries.
- List of Countries that allowed E-visa issuing:
- List of Ports that allowed foreigners enter and exit Vietnam by E-visa:
How to Apply for Vietnam E-Visa:
1. Open the official website for Vietnam’s E-Visa Application: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US/web/guest/khai-thi-thuc-dien-tu/cap-thi-thuc-dien-tu
2. Upload .jpg images of your passport data page and passport photo
3. Fulfill all required info from your passport data page
4. Fulfill all required info regarding your trip
5. Pay the E-Visa fee (25 USD) using any of the payment methods offered
6. Receive your registration code and save the number
7. Enter registration code, registration email and date of birth to check result in E-visa search menu: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/tra-cuu-thi-thuc
Vietnam E-Visa Requirements:
- A passport with six (6) months’ validity
- A passport photo in .jpg format (4x6, white background, straight looking without glasses)
- A photo in .jpg format of your full passport data page
- An email address for support purposes
- A valid international credit or debit card
- A temporary address within Vietnam
- Your entry and exit dates and entry and exit points/airports
How Long to Receive Vietnam E-Visa:
It is supposed to take 03 working days for the visa to be issued, excluding weekends and holidays. However, it is highly recommended to apply for an e-visa early to avoid overcrowding, sometimes it takes a week or more to receive the visa.
If 03 working days have passed and your E-visa is still unavailable, contact Vietnam's e-Visa Support at this page: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/lien-he
- Be careful with your upload of photo and data passport. If there is any missing or incorrect, your application will not be accepted
- The fee will not be refunded if the application is refused
- Save your registration number to check and download your visa later on
- Download the .pdf file and print two copies of your e-Visa for safety when travelling
- Keep your printed e-Visa to show on departure
With the above updates on Vietnam Visa, we hope your visa application process will be much easier and faster. For more information about Vietnam Visa and Halong Bay Cruise please feel free to contact our travel agents at any time.