Halong Bay is one of the most famous tourist destinations in the north of Vietnam due to its natural beauty of thousand islands and islets floating in the middle of the sea. If you are planning a trip to Halong Bay but being overwhelmed by a lot of information and articles, the following travel guides will definitely help you plan a perfect trip to Halong Bay.
1. Weather & what should you bring on board:
Regularly check local weather forecast => prepare suitable clothes for your trip.
- Bring some necessary items: sun glasses, sun block, wide brim hat, insect repellents, swimming suites (in summer) or warm clothes (in winter) and never forget your camera to save your memorable time at Halong Bay.
2. Diet restriction:
Well note your diet requirement (if any) to Halong bay cruise
team => avoid food types that make you allergic.
3. Should not bring on ship:
Passengers are not allowed to bring on board things listed as below: Intoxicating liquors, Beverages, Firearms, Any kind of weapons, Ammunition, Explosive substances, Any kind of animals.
4. Timetable for cruise trip: Pick up and drop off point at your hotel or meeting point in Hanoi Old Quarter Area from 9:00- 9:30 AM. Kindly be ready in time for smooth pick and don’t forget have breakfast at your hotel before get in the bus.
- Time travel from Hanoi – Halong bay around 2.5 hours by highway road and short break on the middle way around 15 minutes in Hai Phong.
- It takes you around 3.5 - 4 hours
to transfer to Halong bay from Hanoi
by national route. Short Break around 30 minutes at Hai Duong Province.
- Check your value things all stuffs on your carry luggage before leaving hotel, make sure you don’t forget anything at Hotel.
- You should bring with you the necessary ones as there is not much space on shuttle bus and the cabin.
- In case you stay same hotel before and after cruise, we highly recommend you leave your big suitcase at the hotel as you only travel to Halong 2 or 3 days, bring all luggage is not a good idea.
- If you have the flight/train after cruising and you have to transfer directly to Airport or train station, Please kindly check your luggage carefully before leaving hotel or cruise and make sure you bring your entire luggage with you.
We suggest tipping 2-4 USD per passenger per day if you are satisfied with the service on board. Please note that guests are under no obligation to offer gratuities. It is your free decision to do so.
7. For car-sick passengers: well-noted with cruise to arrange the most comfortable front seats.
For sea-sick passengers: The water in Halong Bay is calm. Therefore, it is hard to get sea-sick.
8. Note for kid:
With customer who will travel with kids, Please bring some candy, cakes, snacks or child food for your children in case the food on cruise may not suitable for your child.