Halong Bay is one of the most famous tourist destinations in the north of Vietnam due to its natural beauty of thousand islands and islets floating in the middle of the sea. If you are planning a trip to Halong Bay but being overwhelmed by a lot of information and articles, the following travel guides will definitely help you plan a perfect trip to Halong Bay.
Got a question? (+84) 916 952 668
Notes for a Great Cruising Trip in Halong Bay
1. Weather & what should bring on board
Regularly check local weather forecast => prepare suitable clothes for your trip.
- Bring some necessary items: sunglasses, sunblock, wide brim hat, insect repellents, swimming suites (in summer) or warm clothes (in winter) and never forget your camera to save your memorable time at Halong Bay.
2. Diet restriction
Well note your diet requirement (if any) to Halong Bay Cruise team => avoid food types that make you allergic.
3. What should not bring on the ship
Passengers are not allowed to bring on board things listed as below: Intoxicating liquors, Beverages, Firearms, Any kind of weapons, Ammunition, Explosive substances, Any kind of animals.
4. Timetable for cruise trip
Pick up and drop off point at your hotel or meeting point in Hanoi Old Quarter Area from 9:00 - 9:30 AM. Kindly be ready in time for a smooth pick up and don’t forget to have breakfast at your hotel before getting on the bus.
- Time travel from Hanoi - Halong Bay around 2.5 hours by highway road and a short break in a middle way around 15 minutes in Hai Phong.
- It takes you around 3.5 - 4 hours to transfer to Halong Bay from Hanoi by the national route. Short Break around 30 minutes at Hai Duong Province.
- Check your value things and all stuff on your carry luggage before leaving hotel, make sure you don’t forget anything at your hotel.
- You should bring with you the necessary ones as there is not much space on the shuttle bus and the cabin.
- In case you stay the same hotel before and after cruise, we highly recommend you leave your big suitcase at the hotel as you only travel to Halong Bay 2 or 3 days, bringing all luggage is not a good idea.
- If you have the flight/train after cruising and you have to transfer directly to Hanoi Airport or train station, Please kindly check your luggage carefully before leaving the hotel or cruise and make sure you bring your entire luggage with you.
We suggest tipping 2-4 USD per passenger per day if you are satisfied with the service on board. Please note that guests are under no obligation to offer gratuities. It is your free decision to do so.
7. Notes for carsick and seasick passengers
For car-sick passengers: Well-noted with your cruise line to arrange the most comfortable front seats.
For sea-sick passengers: The water in Halong Bay is calm. Therefore, it is hard to get sea-sick.
8. Note for kids
With customers who will travel with kids, please bring some candies, cakes, snacks or child food for your children in case the food on the cruise may not suitable for your childs.
Considering a Halong Bay Cruise holiday? Make sure to save these above tips for a great cruising trip. Just pin this post for future reference. For additional information and inquiries, reach out to our Cruise Expert Team or have a look at the up-to-date collection of Best Halong Bay Cruises. Happy Travel!